From Nancy Hanus:
The chat attracts professionals from all over the country, but also a good number of college faculty members and a lot of students or recent grads.
The questions posed this week were:
1. “What is competition like for young journos entering the world vs. experienced journos now looking for jobs?
2. How do we make our resumes powerful in a world of “who you know”?
3. For those that hire, what experiences and/or skills are you looking for in a solid candidate?
4. Have you found any good online tools, or offline methods, to organize your job search?
5. In complete honesty, what’s the worst thing a young WJ could do in their first-job search?
6. For the young/job-seeking journos, what’s your biggest fear and what do you need to conquer it?
7. What keeps you going in this field when you’re frustrated?
8 How does your current job compare with the type of journo you always dreamed of being?
9. What do you hope the next generation of journalists will do for the profession?